Sunday 20 September 2009

LARRY LIFTS ANOTHER HAUL FROM WORLD CHAMPS - Despite a few upsets!!


Hello again - Yes, I'm back & almost recovered from last weeks World Champ's in Bradford. In short, it was quite an experience with a few upsets - mainly my stomach!!! Let me explain- I was preparing for the comp.day, I supplemented my regular protein shake with the popular Creatine, which helps you train harder for longer & aids muscle repair. Now, you have to take this stuff in the right measures to get full benefit - else you get a host of side effects - such as an upset stomach.
Well, yours truly managed to get the mix wrong & ended up with DOUBLE the amount in his drinking, resulting with stomach cramps & the worst diarrhoea ever!
No excuses -I messed up, so take a lesson folks - don't screw up your supplement dosages, unless you want to spend a long time on the toilet!! Still, with all this going on, and some tight competition from 'Sir' Les 'I'm too sexy for this shirt' Pillin, I managed to come up with a 265kg lift to beat with my existing World Record & finish my final international competition on a relative high.
A big thanks go out to all of my 'powerlifting possee' for their encouragement to get me in the right frame of mind off the bog & into the arena!!

No comments:

Post a Comment